Organizational Partnership and Involvement
We are requesting organizations to appoint a “Baltimore Shabbat Champion”, someone who is affiliated with your organization that can serve as a community communications contact and assist in your organization’s planning and Shabbat program implementation.
- Encourage participation in the community-wide Shabbat Project Events:
- 11/6 – Shabbat through the Senses- A Family Expereince at the Rosenbloom Owings Mills JCC
- 11/9 – The Great Challah Bake, Song, Spirituality & Sisterhood at The Baltimore Convention Center
- 11/11-11/12 – Shabbat – Meals and Programs around town
- 11/12 – The One Day Havdalah Concert at Rams Head Live!
- Design and Implement your own plan for this special Shabbat Project:
- Lead-Up Programs (e.g., Educational Program about Shabbat, Cooking Classes, Book Club, etc.)
- Special Shabbat Services
- Community/Organizational meals on Friday Night/Saturday
- Friday night/Saturday meals in homes
- Saturday afternoon activities (e.g., Classes, Discussion Groups, Kumzits (Group Singing), Walking, etc.)
- Follow-up program (e.g., continued education program